March 18, 2024, 10:03:52 pm

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Wheels rollin' in

Started by wheels5894, March 15, 2011, 12:56:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wheels5894

Hi there guys - nice place you have here!

About me - well I am English but have lived in Scotland for a long time now. We moved here when my elder child was 11 and that is quite a while ago. Anyway, I come from a non-religious home and got into Christianity by joining the local church choir to learn to sight read.I was a church organist for many years too and am fairly widely read in theology. I was having a lot of doubts after reading people like Don Cupitt and others, especially 'The Myth of God Incarnate' which shocked the British public back in the 70's. I started more serious study of theology and by doing so, showed my self than the facts of the matter are that the whole thing is some sort of myth and the the evidence for anything supernatural was in peoples' heads and not in reality.

Since then I have joined and participated in various atheist forums and, under another alias, on some Christian ones too. The latter is a lot of fun, perticulalry when I find participants don't know the bible as well as they should and have to correct them a little!

I too an part of the staff for 2 balck and white cats.

Unbeliever

March 15, 2011, 12:51:00 pm #1 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:16:14 pm by Unbeliever
Hey Wheels, roll on in!

Welcome to the godless place. I hope you can find plenty here of interest, I've tried hard to put a lot of good stuff here. There's not any interaction happening, but I expected that when I started the site. It's mainly a place where nonbelievers can easily find things to help them argue successfully with believers. A lot of true believers can't be argued into nonbelief, since they weren't argued into belief in the first place. But there are many people, especially youngsters, who haven't yet commited themselves to willful ignorance, that may still be helped to shed the crutch of god-belief.

Enjoy!
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti