March 28, 2024, 06:38:07 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

"Traditional" Marriage - One Man, One Woman?

Started by Unbeliever, June 11, 2012, 04:46:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Not according to the Bible!

Gen 4:19
QuoteAnd Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one [was] Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Gen 4:23
QuoteAnd Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

Gen 30:26
QuoteGive [me] my wives and my children, for whom I have served thee, and let me go: for thou knowest my service which I have done thee.

Gen 31:17
QuoteThen Jacob rose up, and set his sons and his wives upon camels;

Gen 32:22
QuoteAnd he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.

Gen 36:2
QuoteEsau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;

Gen 36:6
QuoteAnd Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob.

Gen 37:2
QuoteThese [are] the generations of Jacob. Joseph, [being] seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad [was] with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.

Deu 21:15
QuoteIf a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, [both] the beloved and the hated; and [if] the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

Jdg 8:30
QuoteAnd Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.

1Sa 1:2
QuoteAnd he had two wives; the name of the one [was] Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

1Sa 25:43
QuoteDavid also took Ahinoam of Jezreel; and they were also both of them his wives.

1Sa 27:3
QuoteAnd David dwelt with Achish at Gath, he and his men, every man with his household, [even] David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's wife.

1Sa 30:5
QuoteAnd David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.

2Sa 5:13
QuoteAnd David took [him] more concubines and wives out of Jerusalem, after he was come from Hebron: and there were yet sons and daughters born to David.

1Ki 11:3
QuoteAnd he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

1Ch 4:5
QuoteAnd Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.

1Ch 8:8
QuoteAnd Shaharaim begat [children] in the country of Moab, after he had sent them away; Hushim and Baara [were] his wives.

1Ch 14:3
QuoteAnd David took more wives at Jerusalem: and David begat more sons and daughters.

2Ch 11:21
QuoteAnd Rehoboam loved Maachah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and his concubines: (for he took eighteen wives, and threescore concubines; and begat twenty and eight sons, and threescore daughters.)

2Ch 11:23
QuoteAnd he dealt wisely, and dispersed of all his children throughout all the countries of Judah and Benjamin, unto every fenced city: and he gave them victual in abundance. And he desired many wives.

2Ch 13:21
QuoteBut Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives, and begat twenty and two sons, and sixteen daughters.

2Ch 24:3
QuoteAnd Jehoiada took for him two wives; and he begat sons and daughters.
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti