March 28, 2024, 03:08:43 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Abstract Algebra on Line

Started by Unbeliever, October 22, 2015, 04:33:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

October 22, 2015, 04:33:35 pm Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:05:50 pm by Unbeliever
List of Abstract Algebra Topics

Outline of Algebraic Structures

Algebraic Variety

ABSTRACT ALGEBRA ON LINE

QuoteThis site contains many of the definitions and theorems from the area of mathematics generally called abstract algebra. It is intended for undergraduate students taking an abstract algebra class at the junior/senior level, as well as for students taking their first graduate algebra course. It is based on the books Abstract Algebra, by John A. Beachy and William D. Blair, and Abstract Algebra II, by John A. Beachy.

The site is organized by chapter. The page containing the Table of Contents also contains an index of definitions and theorems, which can be searched for detailed references on subject area pages. Topics from the first volume are marked by the symbol  and those from the second volume by the symbol . To make use of this site as a reference, please continue on to the Table of Contents.

"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti