March 28, 2024, 12:37:43 pm

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Quantum Immortality: Why You May Be Immortal

Started by Unbeliever, May 15, 2019, 05:45:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

May 15, 2019, 05:45:10 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:46:46 pm by Unbeliever
QuoteImagining the prospect of your own death is a frightening thing..
and until you experience it I'd wager many are convinced it will never fully happen. But what if there is something else after your biological death? What if you continue to exist, just in a different reality? The idea of Quantum Immortality is based on a variation of the Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment, which states that under a specific set of circumstances a cat in a box can be considered simultaneously alive and dead. What if the cat in the box is both dead and alive, just in different realities?  If Quantum Immortality applies to human consciousness then no matter what happens to you, whether you're struck by a car, burnt by fire or mauled to death by angry weasels, your consciousness will survive in another of many infinite universes. But how might this work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDatTy9BU2A
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti