March 28, 2024, 02:56:03 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

God is on our side. Does that mean war?

Started by Unbeliever, March 28, 2007, 10:53:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

imike24

Unbeliever

April 01, 2008, 10:06:22 am #2 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:53:35 pm by Unbeliever
Hi imike24!

I also hope things won't be as bad as all that, but only if enough people know of the danger can it be effectively reduced.
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

Dr Ilyas

Yes, throughout the history of mankind, religious expansion was done by war. Many wars were fought by humans in the name of religions. For instance, the expansion of Islamic empire was the widespread war to the other people in the Middle East, and later to Iran, Afghanistan and India (including Pakistan). Millions of innocent people were slaughtered. This is the same manner with the Christianity's expansion in Europe, the Americas, Africa and other parts of the world. All are done in the name of God.