March 28, 2024, 04:10:50 pm

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Quotes of Past & Present Christian Leaders

Started by Unbeliever, October 13, 2006, 04:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

October 13, 2006, 04:19:56 pm Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:02:08 pm by Unbeliever
Quote from: Pope John Paul IIHow can one remain silent about the many forms of violence perpetrated in the name of the faith--wars of religion, tribunals of the Inquisition, and other forms of violations of the rights of persons?

Quote from: Pope leo XSince God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.
Statement to his brother, Giuliano, as quoted in The Claims of Christianity (1894) by William Samuel Lilly, p. 191

Quote from: Pope Leo XWhat profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!

Quote from: Pope Leo XIt is well known that the fairy tale of Jesus worked very well to push through our aims.

Quote from: Pope Innocent IIIUse against heretics the spiritual sword of excommunication, and if this does not prove effective, use the material sword.

Quote from: Pope Gregory VIICursed is the man that holds back his sword from shedding blood.

Quote from: Catholic encyclical X, 195We [Catholics] are also under an obligation to keep secrets faithfully. And sometimes the easiest way to fulfill that duty is to say what is false, or to tell a lie.

Quote from: Pope Alexander VIIt is not God's wish that a sinner should die, but that he should live--and pay!

Quote from: Pope Paul II, in [i]Mass of Pardon[/i], 3/12/2000,Christians have often denied the gospel; yielding to a mentality of power, they have violated the rights of ethnic groups and peoples, and shown contempt for their cultures and religious traditions.

Quote from: Pope John Paul IIThe question confronting the Church today is not any longer whether the man in the street can grasp a religious message, but how to employ the communications media so as to let him have the full impact of the gospel message.

Quote from: Pope Adrian IV, in a letter to King Henry II,It is not doubted, and you know it, that Ireland and all those islands which have received the faith, belong to the Church of Rome; if you wish to enter that island, to drive vice out of it, to cause law to be obeyed, and St. Peter's pence to be payed by every house, it will please us to assign it to you.

Quote from: Pope Leo XIIIThe equal toleration of all religions...is the same thing as atheism.

Quote from: Pope Leo XIII, in [i]Immortale Dei[/i]To despise legitimate authority, no matter in whom it is invested, is unlawful; it is rebellion against God's will.

Quote from: Pope Leo XIII, in [i]Immortale Dei[/i], 1885,All Catholics must make themselves felt as active elements in daily political life in the countries where they live. They must penetrate, wherever possible, in the administration of civil affairs; must constantly exert the utmost vigilance and energy to prevent the usages of liberty from going beyond the limits fixed by God's law. All Catholics should do all in their power to cause the constitution of states and legislation to be modeled on the principles of the true Church.

Quote from: Pope Gregory IIf the work of God could be comprehended by reason, it would be no longer wonderful.

Quote from: Pope Gregory VII, in [i]Dictatus[/i],The Roman Church has never erred, nor will it err to all eternity. No one may be considered a Catholic Christian who does not agree with the Catholic Church. No book is authoritative unless it has recieved the papal sanction.

Quote from: Pope Gregory XVI, in [i]Mirari Vos[/i], 1832,From the most foul well of indifferentism flows that absurd and erroneous opinion, or rather delerium, of liberty of concience.

Quote from: Martin LutherWhoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his reason

Quote from: Martin LutherThere is on earth among all dangers no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and adroit reason...Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed.

Quote from: Martin LutherReason is the greatest enemy faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.

Quote from: Martin LutherReason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden underfoot and destroyed, she and her wisdom...Throw dung in her face to make her ugly. She is and she ought to be drowned in baptism...she would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets.

Quote from: Martin LutherSo tenaciously should we cling to the word revealed by the gospels, that were I to see all the angels of heaven coming down to me to tell me something different, not only would I not be tempted to doubt a single syllable, but I would shut my eyes and stop my ears, for they would not deserve to be either seen or heard.

Quote from: Martin LutherIdiots, the lame, the blind, the dumb, are men in whom the devils have established themselves; and all physicians who heal these infirmities, as though they proceeded from natural causes, are ignorant blockheads.

Quote from: Martin LutherIf I had to baptize a Jew, I would take him to the edge of the Elbe, hang a stone around his neck and push him over with the words 'I baptize thee in the name of Abraham'.

Quote from: Martin LutherWhat then should we do with... the Jews?...I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings...are to be taken from them...I advise that safe conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews...I advise that their Rabbis be forbidden to teach on pain of loss of life and limb...set fire to their synagogues or schools and bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them...their homes also should be razed and destroyed.

Quote from: Martin LutherMake short work of the heritics, they can be condemned unheard. And while they are burning at the stake, the faithful should destroy the evil root and branch and bathe his hands in the blood of the bishops and the pope who is the devil in disguise.

Quote from: Martin LutherI feel much freer now that I realize that the pope is the Anti-Christ.

Quote from: Martin LutherIf [women] become tired or even die, that does not matter. Let them die in childbirth - that is why they are there.

Quote from: Martin LutherGod does not work salvation for fictitious sinners. Be a sinner and sin vigorously...Do not for a moment imagine that this life is the abiding place of justice; sin must be commited.

Quote from: Martin LutherSin cannot tear you away from him [Christ], even though you commit adultery a hundred times a day and commit as many murders.

Quote from: Martin LutherAn earthly kingdom cannot exist without an inequity of persons. Some must be free, some serfs, some rulers, some subjects.

Quote from: Martin LutherAs to the common people,...one has to be hard with them and see that they do their work and that under the threat of the sword and the law they comply with the observance of piety, just as you chain up wild beasts.

Quote from: Martin LutherIf men believe enough in Christ they can commit adultery and murder a thousand times a day without periling their salvation.

Quote from: Martin LutherOur bodies are always exposed to Satan. The maladies I suffer are not natural, but Devil's spells.

Quote from: Martin LutherThe Devil, it is true, is not exactly a doctor who has taken degrees, but he is very learned, very expert for all that. He has not been carrying on his business during thousands of years for nothing....

Quote from: Martin LutherWhat harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church...a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them.
in a letter in Max Lenz, ed., Briefwechsel Landgraf Phillips des Grossmuthigen von Hessen mit Bucer, vol. 1.

Quote from: Martin Luther, on Copernicus"This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth.

Quote from: Martin Luther, in Works, 12.94The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes.

Quote from: Martin Luther, in [i]The Bondage of the Will[/i], 1527God created Adam master and lord of living creatures, but Eve spoilt all, when she persuaded him to set himself above God's will. 'Tis you women, with your tricks and artifices, that lead men into error.

Quote from: Martin LutherWhen I was a child there were many witches, and they bewitched both cattle and men, especially children.

Quote from: Martin LutherI should have no compassion on these witches; I should burn them all.

Quote from: Martin LutherThe Devil can so completely assume the human form, when he wants to deceive us, that we may well lie with what seems to be a woman, of real flesh and blood, and yet all the while 'tis only the Devil in the shape of a woman. 'Tis the same with women, who may think that a man is in bed with them, yet 'tis only the Devil; and...the result of this connection is oftentimes an imp of darkness, half mortal, half devil....

Quote from: Martin LutherHow often have not the demons called 'Nix,' drawn women and girls into the water, and there had commerce with them, with fearful consequences.

Quote from: Martin LutherWomen...have but small and narrow chests, and broad hips, to the end that they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children.

Quote from: Martin LutherTheir synagogues ... should be set on fire.

Quote from: Martin LutherEither God must be unjust, or you, Jews, wicked and ungodly. You have been, about fifteen hundred years, a race rejected of God.

Quote from: Martin LutherWhat shall we Christians do now with this depraved and damned people of the Jews? ... I will give my faithful advice: First, that one should set fire to their synagogues. . . . Then that one should also break down and destroy their houses. . . . That one should drive them out the country.

Quote from: Martin LutherTheir homes (Jews) should be broken down and destroyed. They ought to be put under one roof or in a stable, like Gypsies, in order that they may realize that they ... are ... but miserable captives.

Quote from: Martin LutherMoreover, they are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel and wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury. Thus they live from day to day, together with wife and child, by theft and robbery, as arch-thieves and robbers, in the most impenitent security.

Quote from: St. Augustine of HippoWomen should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact, be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men.

Quote from: St. Augustine of HippoThe good Christian should beware of mathematicians and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that mathameticians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and confine man in the bonds of hell.

Quote from: St. Augustine of HippoIt is lawful then, to him that discusses, disputes, and preaches of things eternal, or to him that narrates of things temporal pertaining to religion or piety, to conceal at fitting times whatever seems fit to be concealed.

Quote from: St. Augustine of HippoThis then is not God, if thou hast comprehended it; but if this be God, thou hast not comprehended it.

Quote from: St. Augustine of HippoI was already Bishop of Hippo, when I went into Ethiopia with some servants of Christ there to preach the Gospel. In this country we saw many men and women without heads, who had two great eyes in their breasts; and in countries still more southerly, we saw people who had but one eye in their foreheads.

Quote from: St. Thomas AquinasClearly the person who accepts the church as an infallible guide will accept whatever the church teaches.

Quote from: St. Thomas AquinasThat the saints may enjoy their beattitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell.

Quote from: St. Thomas AquinasAs regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active power of the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of a woman comes from defect in the active power.

Quote from: Quintus Septimius Florens Tertulianus (Tertulian)The Son of God died; it is by all means to be believed because it is absurd. And he was buried and rose again; the fact is certain because it is impossible.

Quote from: TertulianThe devil by the mysteries of his idols, imitates even the main parts of the divine mysteries.

Quote from: TertulianThe kingdom of heaven is thrown open to all eunuchs.

Quote from: TertulianAfter Jesus we have no need of speculation, after the gospels we have no need of research. When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else; for we begin by believing that there is nothing else with which we have to believe...My first principle is this: Christ laid down one definite system of truth which the world must believe without qualification.

Quote from: TertulianWoman, thou shouldst ever be clothed in rags and mourning, appearing only as a penitent, drowned in tears, and expiating thus the sin of having caused the fall of the human race. Woman thou art the gate of the devil. It is thou who hast corrupted those whom Satan dare not attack face to face.

Quote from: John CalvinWithout Christ, sciences in every department are vain...The man who knows not God is vain, though he should be conversant with every branch of learning. Nay more, we may affirm this too with truth, that these choice gifts of God - expertness of mind, acuteness of judgement, liberal sciences, and acquaintance with language, are in a manner profaned in every instance in which they fall to the lot of wicked men.

Quote from: John CalvinWho will venture to place the authority of Copernicus above that of the Holy Spirit?

Quote from: St. John ChrysostumThe slave should be resigned to his lot; in obeying his master he is obeying God.

Quote from: St. John Chrysostum, after Christians destroyed the library of Alexandria,]Every trace of the old philosophy and literature of the ancient world has vanished from the face of the earth.

Quote from: St. John ChrysostumThey are become worse than wild beasts...they murder their offspring...They know only one thing, to satisfy their gullets, get drunk, to kill and maim one another...The Jews are the most worthless of all men. They are lecherous, greedy, rapacious. They are perfidious murderers of Christ. The Jews are the odious assassins of Christ and for killing God there is no expiation possible, no indulgence or pardon. Christians may never cease vengeance, and the Jews must live in servitude forever. God always hated the Jews. It is incumbent upon all Christians to hate the Jews.

Quote from: St. John ChrysostumWoman is a necessary evil, a natural temptation, a desirable calamity, a domestic peril, a deadly fascination, and a painted ill.

Quote from: St. BernardThe Christian glories in the death of a pagan because thereby Christ himself is glorified.

Quote from: St. BernardWhom can you show me among the prelates who does not seek rather to empty the pockets of his flock than to subdue their vices?

Quote from: St. Bernard, recruiting for the second Crusade,O mighty soldier, O man of war, at last you have a cause for which you can fight without endangering your soul; a cause in which to win is glorious and for which to die is but gain. Are you a shrewd businessman, quick to see the profits of this world? If you are I can offer you a bargain which you cannot afford to miss. Take the sign of the cross. At once you will have an indulgence for all the sins which you confess with a contrite heart. The cross is cheap and if you wear it with humility you will find that you have obtained the kingdom of heaven.

Quote from: Justin Martyr, explaining why the Jesus story was so much like that of pre-Christian Mystery religions,Having heard it proclaimed through the prophets that the Christ was to come and that the ungodly among men were to be punished by fire, the wicked spirits put forward many to be called Sons of God, under the impression that they would be able to produce in men the idea that the things that were said with regards to Christ were merely marvellous tales, like the things that were said by the poets.

Quote from: Valerian (Roman Emperor, 253-260 CE,We will that all of our subjects...believe the one divinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, of majesty co-equal, in the holy Trinity. We will that all those who embrace this creed be called Catholic Christians. We brand all the senseless followers of other religions by the infamous name of heretics, and forbid their conventicles to assume the name of churches.

Quote from: Heinrich von Schultheis (Inquisitor)When I have you tortured, and by the severest means afforded to me by the law I bring you to  confession, then I perform a work pleasing to  God's sight; and it profiteth me.

Quote from: Friedrich von Spee, Jesuit confessorAll recantation is vain. If she does not confess, the torture is repeated--twice, thrice, four times. In 'exceptional' crimes, the torture is not limited in duration, severity, or frequency...She can never clear herself. The investigating body would feel disgraced if it acquitted a woman; once arrested and in chains, she has to be guilty, by fair means or foul.

Quote from: Clemente Diaz AguilarMy captors stole  everything from me...Those who captured me, in front of me, divided up my money, and later they led me into the hands of the torturers. In the long hours of torture, they asked me constantly about other pastors...of some churches in the capital; They asked me also about my views on liberation theology and about the liberation of the people of Israel. The torturers, tired of doing so much damage to me, rested for awhile; then, I recognized some of them: two are members of a singing duo from these churches [Verbo and Mission Elim]; I begged [them] to recognize me because I recognized them; then they asked me questions about my capture, my complete name, my address, my church and my activities. When they realized I was not the person they were looking for, they begged my forgiveness, saying,"Brother, we are also Christians.

Quote from: Bernard GuiThe layman must not argue with the unbeliever, but thrust his sword into the man's belly as far as it will go.

Quote from: Raymond of Aguillers, chronicler of the  Christian crusaders 1099 massacre,Wonderful things were to be seen. Numbers of the Saracens [Muslims] were beheaded...others were shot with arrows, or forced to jump from the towers; others were tortured for  several days, then burned with flames. In the streets were seen piles of heads and hands and feet. One rode about everywhere amidst the corpses of  men and horses. In the Temple of Solomon, the horses waded in the blood up to their knees, nay, up to the bridle. It was a just and marvelous judgement of God, that this place should be filled with the blood of unbelievers.

Quote from: Francisco de AguilarWhen the Christians were exhausted from war, God saw fit to bring the Indians smallpox.

Quote from: Ignatius Loyola, in [i]Spirtual Excercises[/i], 1548,To arrive at the truth of all things, we ought always be ready to believe that what seems to us white is black if the heirarchical church defines it so.

Quote from: Girolomo SavonarolaIt would be good for religion if many books that seem useful were destroyed. When there were not so many books and not so many arguments and disputes, religion grew more quickly than it has since.

Quote from: St. Odo of Cluny (10th century)To embrace a woman is to embrace a sack of manure.

Quote from: Clement of AlexandriaEvery woman ought to be filled with shame at the thought that she is a woman.

Quote from: Father Dominic PruemmerBirth control is nothing more than mutual masterbation or unnatural lust.

Quote from: [i]Handbook of the Inquisition[/i]No one does more harm to the Catholic faith than midwives.

Quote from: Cardinal BellarmineTo assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to  claim that  Jesus was not born of a  virgin.

Quote from: Martin Del Rio, S. J.If, as is not uncommon, God permits children to be killed  before they have been baptized, it is to prevent their commiting in later life those sins which would make  their damnation more severe. In this, God is neither cruel nor unjust, since by the mere fact of original sin, the children have already merited death.

Quote from: Eusebius of CeasareaThe religion of Jesus Christ is neither new nor strange.

Quote from: Father Drexel, priest, 1637Who could dare accuse of error and injustice the judges who with fire and sword proceed against the pest witchcraft. Exterminate this pest with fire and sword!

Quote from: Mother TeresaIt is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot. The world is much helped by the suffering of the poor.

Quote from: Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger, in [i]Malleus Maleficarum[/i]The third precaution to be observed in this tenth action is that the hair should be shaved from every part of her body. The reason for  this is the  same as  that for stripping her of her clothes, which we have already mentioned; for in order to preserve their powers of silence they are in the habit of hiding some superstitious object in their clothes or in their hair, or even in the most secret part of their bodies which must notbe named.

Quote from: St. Louis IX, 1214-1270,  King of FranceNo one, unless he is an expert theologian, should argue with these people [the Jews]. But a layman, whenever he hears the Christian religion abused, ought not to defend its tenets, except with the sword.

Quote from: Nehemiah WellingtonHerein we see God's great mercy...for the slaughter was in all 5,517, but ten of the enemies side was slain to one of ours.

Quote from: Richard BentlyNo atheist as such can be a true friend, an affectionate relation, or a loyal subject.

Quote from: Joseph McCabe, in [i]A History of Torture[/i]If, it was natural to reason, God punishes men with eternal torment, it is surely lawful for  men to use doses of it in a good cause.

Quote from: [i]Civilta Caustics[/i] editorial, April, 1948In a state where the majority of people are Catholic, the church will require that legal existence be denied to error, and that  if religious minorities exist, they shall have only a de facto existence without opportunity to spread their unbeliefs.

Quote from: Roman Catholic Church, in [i]Tracts for Spiritual Reading[/i], an official Roman Catholic children's book,You are going to see again the child about which you read in the Terrible Judgement, that it was condemned to hell. See! It is a pitiful sight. The little child is in the red hot oven. Hear the fire! It beats its head against the roof of the oven. It stamps its little feet on the floor. You can see on the face of this little child what you see on the faces of all in hell, despair, desperate and horrible...This child commited very bad mortal sins, knowing well the harm it was doing, and knowing that hell would be the punishment. God was very good to this child. Very likely God saw that this child would get worse and worse, and would never repent, and so it would have to be punished much more in hell. So God, in his mercy, called it out of the world in its early childhood.

Quote from: Martin Fernandez de EnciscoThe king has every right to send his men to the Indies to demand their territory from these idolators because he had received it from the pope. If the Indians refuse, he can quite legally fight them, kill them, and enslave them, just as Joshua enslaved the inhabitants of the country of Caanan.

Quote from: St. John DamasceneWoman is the daughter of falsehood, a sentinel of hell, the enemy of peace.

Quote from: Rev. R. H. CharlesThose who oppose capital punishment and war] are moral perverts and degenerates; they have lost the capacity for righteous indignation.

Quote from: John CalvinLet it stand, therefore, as an indisputable truth, which no engines can shake, that the mind of man is so entirely alienated from the righteousness of God that he cannot conceive, desire or design any thing but what is wicked, distorted, foul, impure and iniquitous; that his heart is so thoroughly envenomed by sin that it can breathe out nothing but corruption and rottenness; that if some men
occasionally make a show of goodness, their mind is ever interwoven with hypocrisy and deceit, their soul inwardly bound with fetters of wickedness.

Quote from: William Jennings BryanIf we should give up either religion or education, we should give up education.

Quote from: Adolph HitlerWe are all proud that through God's powerful aid, we have become once more true Germans

Quote from: Adolph HitlerWho says I am not under the special protection of God?

Quote from: Adolph HitlerMy feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.  It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth!  was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.  In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders.  How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.  To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.  As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice...  And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

Quote from: Adolph HitlerHence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.

Quote from: Adolph HitlerWe were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith.  We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

Quote from: Adolph HitlerThere could be no issue between the Church and the State. The Church, as such, has nothing to do with political affairs. On the other hand, the State has nothing to do with the faith or inner organization of the Church

On the Separation of Church and State

Quote from: Gary DeMar and Peter LeithartCivil Officials must acknowledge the lordship of Christ, and obey his rules for civil governments.

Quote from: Bob Enyart, Christian Talk Show host, from his website, WWW.Enyart.comMonarchy is the best form of Government and a system inspired by God. Jesus was not called the 'Senator of senators,' He was called the 'King of Kings.'

Quote from: Rev. David Chilton, Church of the Redeemer, Placerville, CA.We believe that institutionally Christianity should be the official religion of the country, that its laws should be specifically Christian.

Quote from: Gary North, [i]Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism[/i] (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989), p. 87.The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant--baptism and holy communion--must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel.

Quote from: Bob Enyart, responding to a charge that an innocent man might be accused of murder and put to death wrongly, from his website, WWW.Enyart.comThe homos, the perverts, the rapists, the Democrats, the Liberals, and Hillary Clinton ALL love democracy. See, democracy brings socialism because the people vote to steal from other people. You cannot avoid the end-result of socialism.

Quote from: Gary North, "The Intellectual Schizophrenia of the New Christian Right" in [i]Christianity and Civilization: The Failure of the American Baptist Culture[/i], No. 1 (Spring, 1982), p. 25.So let us be blunt about it: we must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government. Then they will get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God.

Quote from: Bob Enyart, Christian Talk Show host, from his website, WWW.Enyart.comShould Christians govern and are Christians the only ones who are truly qualified to govern, and the answer is, of course, Yes.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 747.The chuch today has fallen prey to the heresy of democracy.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, September 1993 speech to the Christian CoalitionOur culture is superior. Our culture is superior because our religion is Christianity and that is the truth that makes men free.
In Right from the Beginning, Buchanan refers to Spanish dictator Francisco Franco as a "Catholic savior." He called Franco, along with Chile's Gen. Pinochet, "soldier-patriots." (syndicated column 9/17/89) Both men overthrew democracy in their countries, and murdered tens of thousands of innocent people.

Quote from: Gary North, Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989), p. 102This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians.

Quote from: Lou Sheldon, Traditional Values Coalition, Hearing on the NEA, 4/91There is a war waging in America. The battle is over values, beliefs and the cultural basis of western civilization.... The elitist avant-garde arts community uses the NEA to advertise and disseminate their political beliefs. The NEA then uses our scarce tax dollars to fund works which are intended to shock Americans into an acceptance of dysfunctional behavioral lifestyles and to destroy the family.

Quote from: Randall Terry, Fresno, CA Bee, 8/20/89[The judiciary is] the lap dog of the death industry.

Quote from: Randall Terry, A Call to Action, 5/9/91People have got to ask themselves . . . what kind of America do we want? What principles do we want guiding this country's education, judiciary? We want biblical principles. Because if we don't have biblical principles, we have heathenism. we have anything goes! We have humanism! We could have barbarism!

Quote from: Beverly LaHaye, Concerned Women For America, In a Ms. magazine interview, 2/87Yes, religion and politics do mix. America is a nation based on biblical principles. Christian values dominate our government. The test of those values is the Bible. Politicians who do not use the bible to guide their public and private lives do not belong in office.

On multiculturalism, values clarification and self-esteem

Quote from: Robert Simonds, CEE President's Report, 6/92The Los Angeles riots, showing sickening disregard for the life and property of neighbors, were spawned right in our public school classrooms. We have been teaching multiculturalism instead of Americanism, for ten years now, and indoctrinating our children with values clarification and 'self-esteem.'

Quote from: Robert Simonds, How to Elect Christians to Public Office, 1985We need strong school board members who know right from wrong. The Bible, being the only true source of right and wrong, should be the guide of board members. Only godly Christians can truly qualify for this critically important position....

Quote from: Randall Terry, Religious News Service, 5/1/1990What Christians have got to do is take back this country, one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time, and one state at a time...I honestly believe that in my lifetime we will see a country once again governed by Christians...

Quote from: Donald Wildmon, Quoted by the Miami Herald, 11/16/93Christianity and politics not only do mix, but for democracy as we have known it to survive, they must mix.

Quote from: Pat Robertson, The State, Columbia, South Carolina, Nov. 14, 1993They have kept us in submission because they have talked about separation of church and state. There is no such thing in the Constitution. It's a lie of the left, and we're not going to take it anymore.

Quote from: Pat RobertsonIf anyone understood what Hindus really believe, there would be no doubt that they have no business administering government policies.

Quote from: Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, Dec. 30, 1981The Constitution of the United States, for instance, is a marvelous document for self-government by Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society.

Quote from: David Barton, president of Wallbuilders and a close ally of the Christian Coalition, 1994 Anti-Defamation League ReportThere should be absolutely no 'Separation of Church and State' in America.

Quote from: Randall TerryAmerica should function as a Christian nation.

Quote from: R. J. Rushdoony[We seek to] replace the heresy of democracy with Biblical law.

Quote from: Pat RobertsonWhen I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. `What do you mean?' the media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'

Quote from: Pat RobertsonThere is nothing in the U.S. Constitution that sanctifies the separation of church and state.

On the Justice System

Quote from: Bob Enyart, "Day One", where he outlines how he hopes the first day of Christian rule in America would goAnyone aborting, attempting or conspiring to abort, or advocating the killing of an unborn child from this day forward, upon conviction, will be executed. Any manufacturer, provider, or advocate of, or anyone procuring, conspiring or attempting to procure, any abortifacient (such as RU 486, the IUD, or any birth control pill which also acts as an abortifacient) from this day forward, upon conviction, will be executed.

Quote from: Gary North, [i]The Sinai Strategy: Economics and the Ten Commandments[/i] (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1986), pp. 242, 255The proper exegetical principle is this: Mosaic law is still to be inforced, by the church or the State or both, unless there is a specific injunction to the contrary in the New Testament.

Quote from: Gary North, The Sinai Strategy: Economics and the Ten Commandments (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1986), pp. 59-60 The question eventually must be raised: Is it a criminal offense to take the name of the Lord in vain? When people curse their parents, it unquestionably is a capital crime (Ex. 21:17). The son or daughter is under the lawful jurisdiction of the family. The integrity of the family must be maintained by the threat of death. Clearly, cursing God (blasphemy) is a comparable crime, and is therefore a capital crime (Lev. 24:16).

Quote from: Pat Robertson, The New World Order, 1991, p. 231The potential savings in the national budgets from the elimination of police, criminal courts, standing armies, pollution control agencies, drug enforcement, and many poverty programs is almost beyond calculation.

Quote from: Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, Oct. 2,1990The courts are merely a ruse, if you will, for humanist, atheistic educators to beat up on Christians.

Quote from: Bob Enyart, responding to a charge that an innocent man might be accused of murder and put to death wrongly, from his website, WWW.Enyart.comWhich is more likely: An innocent man wrongly charged for murder when there are 24,000 deaths a year or only a handful with good laws?

Quote from: Pat Robertson, interview with The Washington Post editorial board, June 27,1986I am bound by the laws of the United States and all 50 states...I am not bound by any case or any court to which I myself am not a party...I don't think the Congress of the United States is subserviant to the courts...They can ignore a Supreme Court ruling if they so choose.

Quote from: Senator James Donovan, New York State,  speaking in support of capital punishmentWhere would Christianity be if Jesus got eight to fifteen years with time off for good behavior?

On Women

Quote from: Bob Enyart, Christian talk-show host, from his website, WWW.Enyart.comMen in this country should be willing to take responsibility to protect the women and children who are within their reach, in their sphere, in their family, in their community, on their block, in their church. But today, who runs the country? It's feminists. It's women. It's skirts running the country and that doesn't work. Where do you see that? You see this in inner-cities. What do you have in inner-cities? You've got the feminist dream. Female head of households, 70% or so, women-run social services (welfare, food stamps, child abuse, and all that), public schools dominated by women, and that's the inner-city. The inner-cities are the feminist dream where women are running things. Guess what That doesn't work! Women were not made to run things. Men were made to run things. When women try to run things and usurp the authority from men.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, from his book [i]The Death Of The West[/i], Dunne Books, 2001Who is going to convert American women to wanting what their mothers wanted and grandmothers prayed for: a good man, a home in the suburbs and a passel of kids? Sounds almost quaint.

Quote from: Evangelist Tony BrownI can hear you saying, 'I want to be a spiritually pure man. Where do I start?' The first thing you do is sit down with your wife and say something like this: 'Honey I've made a terrible mistake. I've given you my role. I gave up leading this family, and I forced you to take my place. Now I must reclaim that role.' Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I'm not suggesting that you ask for your role back, I'm urging you to take it back.
Brown also insists that there is to be "no compromise on authority," and he suggests that women submit for the "survival of our culture."

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, [i]Right from the Beginning[/i], p. 341If a woman has come to believe that divorce is the answer to every difficult marriage, that career comes before children ... no democratic government can impose another set of values upon her.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, syndicated column, 11/22/83Rail as they will about 'discrimination,' women are simply not endowed by nature with the same measures of single-minded ambition and the will to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of Western capitalism.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, Right from the Beginning, p. 149The real liberators of American women were not the feminist noise-makers, they were the automobile, the supermarket, the shopping center, the dishwasher, the washer-dryer, the freezer.

Quote from: Jerry FalwellMost of these feminists are radical, frustrated lesbians, many of them, and man-haters, and failures in their relationships with men, and who have declared war on the male gender. The Biblical condemnation of feminism has to do with its radical philosophy and goals. That's the bottom line.

Quote from: Rush Limbaugh, [i]The Way Things Ought to Be[/i] (1994 edition)Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.

Quote from: Phyllis Schlafly, New York Times, 10/17/92Nothing about contraception should be taught in schools. There is no question that it will encourage sexual activity.

Quote from: Phyllis Schlafly, National Affairs Briefing, 8/92You can't get into negotiations with the feminists because you will lose. They will slit your throat. They have no sense of fair play or compromise.

Quote from: John Knox, Scottish Presbyterian leader. From title of pamphlet "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women", 1558Nature doth paint them further to be weak, frail, impatient, feeble and foolish; and experience hath declared them to be unconstant, variable, cruel, and lacking the spirit of counsel.

Quote from: Fundraising letter from Pat Robertson that was an in-kind contribution to the Iowa Committee to Stop ERA, as reported in The Washington Post, August 23, 1993[The] feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

Quote from: Federal News Service, Sept. 11, 1992, quoting a Robertson newsletterI know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period.

Quote from: Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, May 22, 1986Why are so many marriages falling apart? Why is the divorce rate so high? ...Why is there such a tragedy in marriage?...Now the basic answer to the basic problem of marriages today is a question of leadership. The wife actually makes the husband the head of the household and she looks to him and she says 'now you pray, and I'm going to pray for you that the Lord will speak to you.

Quote from: The State-Record, Columbia, SC,June 28, 1992(Robertson) chastised women legislators who support no-fault divorce laws that he says encourage men to split. 'Any woman who votes for no-fault divorce is like a turkey voting for Thanksgiving,' Robertson said, paraphrasing a conservative commentator.

Quote from: Martin LutherThe Devil can so completely assume the human form, when he wants to deceive us, that we may well lie with what seems to be a woman, of real flesh and blood, and yet all the while 'tis only the Devil in the shape of a woman. 'Tis the same with women, who may think that a man is in bed with them, yet 'tis only the Devil; and...the result of this connection is oftentimes an imp of darkness, half mortal, half devil....

Quote from: Pat RobertsonThe key in terms of mental ability is chess. There's never been a woman Grand Master chess player. Once you get one, then I'll buy some of the feminism...

Quote from: Apocrypha, Ecclesiasticus 7:26All wickedness is but little to the wickedness of a woman.

Quote from: Martin LutherWomen...have but small and narrow chests, and broad hips, to the end that they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children.

Quote from: John Knox, Scottish Presbyterian leader. First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women--pamphlet published 1558, the first year of Elizabeth I's reignTo promote a woman to bear rule, superiority, dominion or empire, above any realm, nation, or city, is repugnant to nature; contumely to God, a thing most contrarious to his revealed will and approved ordinance, and finally it is the subversion of good order, of all equity and justice.

On Jewish People

Quote from: Rev. Donald Wildmon, in his book, [i]The Home Invaders[/i], when describing what he calls Jewish domination of the entertainment industryHollywood and the theater world is heavily influenced by Jewish People... These people are overtly hostile to the Christian faith.

Quote from: David Chilton, The Days of Vengeance: An Exposition of the Book of Revelation (Ft. Worth, TX: Dominion Press, 1984), p. 127The god of Judaism is the devil. The Jew will not be recognized by God as one of His chosen people until he abandons his demonic religion and returns to the faith of his fathers--the faith which embraces Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, challenging the "notion" that thousands of Jews were gassed to death by Diesel exhaust in Treblinka, New Republic, 10/22/90Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, commenting after Cardinal O'Connor criticized anti-Semitism during the controversy over construction of a convent near Auschwitz, New Republic, 10/22/90If U.S. Jewry takes the clucking appeasement of the Catholic cardinalate as indicative of our submission, it is mistaken. When Cardinal O'Connor of New York seeks to soothe the always irate Elie Wiesel by reassuring him 'there are many Catholics who are anti-Semitic'...he speaks for himself. Be not afraid, Your Eminence; just step aside, there are bishops and priests ready to assume the role of defender of the faith.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law [Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973, pp. 586, 588The false witness born during World War II with respect to Germany is especially notable and revealing. The charge is repeatedly made that six million innocent Jews were slain by the Nazis, and the figure--and even larger figures--is now entrenched in the history books.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, from a 1977 Syndicated column...despite Hitler's anti-Semitic and genocidal tendencies, he was an individual of great courage...Hitler's success was not based on his extraordinary gifts alone. His genius was an intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood in his path.

Quote from: Rev. Jerry Falwell, January 29th, 1999 at a conference on evangelism at Kingsport, Tenn.Who will the Antichrist be? I don't know. Nobody else knows. Is he alive and here today? Probably... Of course, he'll be Jewish. Of course, he'll pretend to be Christ.

Quote from: Pat Robertson, in [i]The New World Order[/i], (1991), p.17Communism was the brain-child of German-Jewish intellectuals.

Quote from: St. Petersburg Times,June 26, 1994Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition has spoken of Jews being "spiritually blind" and "spiritually deaf.

Quote from: [i]The Religious Right: The Assault of Tolerance & Pluralism in America[/i], produced by the Anti-Defamation League(ADL) reportThe Rev. Billy McCormack, the Christian Coalition's Louisiana director and former member of that state's Republican Party Central Committee, refused to repudiate former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke during his campaign for governor and the U.S. Senate, saying Duke was not as much a threat as the Jews in the ACLU.

Quote from: St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1994Bailey Smith, a founding father of the movement, once told 15,000 people at a Religious Roundtable briefing in Dallas, "With all due respect to those dear people, my friend, God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew.

Quote from: Editorial in Christian American, publication of the Christian Coalition, Jan. 1993The unwarranted uproar that surrounded Gov. Kirk Fordice's simple statement of fact that 'America is a Christian nation' serves as a chilling illustration of a contemporary cultural phenomenon: the 'ghettoizing' of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In Nazi Germany, Joseph Goebbels stigmatized the Jews until they were an athema in the eyes of the general public...The same thing is happening to Christians in America today...

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies", 1543If I had to baptise a Jew, I would take him to the bridge of the Elbe, hang a stone around his neck and push him over with the words 'I baptise thee in the name of Abraham.'

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies", 1543Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self-glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them.

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies", 1543
He who hears this name [God] from a Jew must inform the authorities, or else throw sow dung at him when he sees him and chase him away." "If I had power over the Jews, as our princes and cities have, I would deal severely with their lying mouth.

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies", 1543If we wish to wash our hands of the Jews' blasphemy and not share in their guilt, we have to part company with them. They must be driven from our country.

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies", 1543What shall we Christians do now with this depraved and damned people of the Jews? ... I will give my faithful advice: First, that one should set fire to their synagogues. . . . Then that one should also break down and destroy their houses. . . . That one should drive them out the country.

Quote from: Martin LutherWe are at fault for not slaying them [the Jews].

Quote from: Martin Luther, in his book, "The Jews and Their Lies",1543...but then eject them forever from this country. For, as we have heard, God's anger with them is so intense that gentle mercy will only tend to make them worse and worse, while sharp mercy will reform them but little. Therefore, in any case, away with them!

Quote from: Martin LutherWhat shall we do with...the Jews?... I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings...are to be taken from them... I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews... I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach on pain of loss of life and limb... set fire to their synagogues or schools and bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them... their homes also should be razed and destroyed.
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

Unbeliever

March 02, 2011, 04:56:25 pm #1 Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:58:47 pm by Unbeliever
On Race and Color
Quote from: Gary North, Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989), pp. 257-258Furthermore, there is that other great, intolerable evil of the New England Puritans: the Puritans took land away from the 'native Americans.' You know, the Indians. (Liberals have adopted the phrase "native Americans" in recent years. They never, ever say 'American natives,' since this is only one step away from 'American savages,' which is precisely what most of those demon-worshipping, Negro slave-holding, frequently land-polluting people were....

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 60The background of the Negro culture is voodoo and magic; and the purposes the magic are control and power over God, man, nature and society. Voodoo and magic was the religion and life of America's Negro.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, "This Week With David Brinkley," 1/8/91If we had to take a million immigrants in, say Zulus, next year, or Englishmen, and put them up in Virginia, what group would be easier to assimilate and would cause less problems for the people of Virginia?
Quote from: Pat Buchanan, in a September 1993 speech to the Christian Coalition[multiculturalism is] an across-the-board assault on our Anglo-American heritage.

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, syndicated column, 7/26/88George Bush should have told the [NAACP convention] that black America has grown up; that the NAACP should close up shop, that its members should go home and reflect on JFK's admonition: 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather ask what you can do for your country.'

Quote from: Pat Buchanan, Boston Globe, 1/4/92There is a legitimate grievance in my view of white working-class people that every time, on every issue, that the black militants loud-mouth it, we come up with more money.... If we can give 50 Phantoms [jet fighters] to the Jews, and a multi-billion dollar welfare program for the blacks...why not help the Catholics save their collapsing school system.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 509/510 All men are NOT created equal before God; the facts of heaven and hell, election and reprobation make clear that they are not equal. Moreover, an employer has aproperty rights to prefer whom he will in terms of "color" creed, race or national origin.

After Sen. Carol Moseley Braun blocked a federal patent for a Confederate flag insignia, Buchanan wrote that she was "putting on an act" by associating the Confederacy with slavery:
Quote from: Pat Buchanan, syndicated column, 7/28/93The War Between the States was about independence, about self-determination, about the right of a people to break free of a government to which they could no longer give allegiance," Buchanan asserted. "How long is this endless groveling before every cry of 'racism' going to continue before the whole country collectively throws up?

White House advisor Buchanan urged President Nixon in an April 1969 memo not to visit "the Widow King" on the first anniversary of Martin Luther King's assassination, warning that a visit would
Quote from: Pat Buchanan, New York Daily News, 10/1/90outrage many, many people who believe Dr. King was a fraud and a demagogue and perhaps worse.... Others consider him the Devil incarnate. Dr. King is one of the most divisive men in contemporary history.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 203The strongly matriarchal character of Negro life is due to the moral failure of Negro men, their failure to be responsible, to support the family, or to provide authority. The same is true of American Indian tribes which are also matriarchal today.

On South Africa:
Quote from: Pat Robertson on the 700 Club, 3/18/92Again I think 'one man one vote,' just unrestricted democracy would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights . . . .

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 251The (Biblical) Law here is humane and also unsentimental. It recognizes that some people are by nature slaves and will always be so. It both requires that they be dealt with in a godly manner and also that the slave recognizes his position and accepts it with grace.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, Politics of Guilt and Pity (Fairfax, VA: Thoburn Press, [1970] 1978), pp 3-4, 19, 25.Granted that some Negroes were mistreated as slaves, the fact still remains that nowhere in all history or in the world today has the Negro been better off. The life expectancy of the Negro increased when he was transported to America. He was not taken from freedom into slavery, but from a vicious slavery to degenerate chiefs to a generally benevolent slavery in the United States.

See How They Love
Quote from: Jerry Falwell on the 700 Club, speaking about the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center on Sept 11, 2001The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this... But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'

Quote from: Pat Robertson, on the 700 Club, replying to Falwell's above commentsWell, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

Quote from: Pat Robertson on his website, commenting about the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, in [i]Robertson's Statement Regarding Terrorist Attack on America[/i]The focus of many in America has been on the pursuit of health, wealth, material pleasures and sexuality. Sadly, those in the churches have been as self-indulgent as those in the world. We have allowed rampant pornography on the Internet, and rampant secularism and the occult, etc. to be broadcast on television. We have permitted somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-40 million unborn babies to be slaughtered by our society. We have a court that has essentially stuck its finger in God's eye and said, 'We are going to legislate You out of the schools and take Your commandments from the courthouses in various states. We are not going to let little children read the commandments of God. We are not going to allow the Bible or prayer in our schools.' We have insulted God at the highest level of our government. Then, we say, 'Why does this happen?' It is happening because God Almighty is lifting His protection from us. Once that protection is gone, we are vulnerable because we are a free society.

Quote from: Rev. Ryle, speaking at a secret Colorado conclave to plan antigay/lesbian electoral strategiesAmerica is in the midst of a cultural revolution, which has poised our nation precariously on the brink of moral chaos, which is caused by what I am referring to as the crisis of homosexuality

On his 700 Club television show on May 18, 1999, Pat Robertson criticized Scotland for its tolerance of homosexuals, calling it a "a rather dark land." He added,
Quote from: From the Wednesday, June 2, 1999 edition of the Washington Post After the broadcast, The Bank of Scotland quickly cancelled a $48 Million dollar business deal it was negotiating with RobertsonIn Europe, the big word is tolerance. "Homosexuals are riding high in the media. ... And in Scotland, you can't believe how strong the homosexuals are. It's just unbelievable.

Quote from: R.J. Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (Nutley, NJ: Craig Press, 1973), p. 574The significance of Jesus Christ as the "faithful and true witness" is that He not only witnesses against those who are at war against God, but He also executes them.

Quote from: Randall Terry, Addressing a banquet sponsored by the US Tax Payes Alliance, Aug. 8, 1995"When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, we will try you, and we will execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed...If we're going to have true reformation in America, it is because men once again, if I may use a worn out expression, have a righteous testosterone flowing through their veins. They are not afraid of contempt for their contemporaries. They are not here to get along. They are here to take over...
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti