March 28, 2024, 07:35:02 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

God's identity & purpose

Started by angel, June 16, 2007, 07:13:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

Is God real? Is there life after death? What is you view of Karma? Please share your thoughts.

Unbeliever

June 17, 2007, 04:32:13 pm #1 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 04:32:54 pm by Unbeliever
Hi angel!

I don't think God is real, but has been invented many times over the course of human history in an effort by those in power to subjugate those who could otherwise threaten their hold on that power.

I don't see any evidence at all of anything like a "soul" that could survive bodily death.

I think "karma" is an attempt to explain why bad things happen to people, nothing more, nothing less.
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

angel

I am currently studying Apologetics.  This course has opened my eyes to  many things.(e.g.  Moral and values in our society is taken a bad turn.) God's identity if its real would change concepts of a person mind don't you think.  What I mean is that God gives us intructions and a path to follow to keep us in the straight and narrow? What are your thoughts?

Unbeliever

I think my conscience is enough to keep me in the straight and narrow, that was the case when I was a Southern Baptist in my youth, and it remains the case today, when I am no longer able to believe in the mythology of Christianity. As Lincoln said, "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion."
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti