March 28, 2024, 11:58:15 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Christian Theocratic Political Agenda

Started by Unbeliever, October 18, 2006, 04:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

October 18, 2006, 04:40:51 pm Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:32:27 pm by Unbeliever
Quote from: John Ashcroft, 5/8/99Unique among the nations, America recognized the source of our character as being godly and eternal, not being civic and temporal. And because we have understood that our source is eternal, America has been different. We have no king but Jesus.

Quote from: George W. BushI trust God speaks through me.

Quote from: Bishop O'Connor, PittsburghThe tolerance of liberty can be maintained until complete federal and state control by Catholics has been accomplished.

Quote from: Paul Weyrich, Founder/President, Free Congress FoundationWe are talking about Christianizing America. We are talking about spreading the gospel in a political context.

Quote from: Robert SimmondsAtheistic secular humanists should be removed from office and Christians should be elected...Government and true Christianity are inseperable.

Quote from: Ralph ReedWhat Christians have got to do is take back this country one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time, and one state at a time...I honestly believe that in my lifetime we will see a country once again governed by Christians.

Quote from: Randall Terry, founder, Operation RescueI want you to let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hatred is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism.

Quote from: Beverly LaHaye, Concerned Women for AmericaChristian values should dominate our government. The test of those values is the Bible. Politicians who do not use the Bible to guide their public and private lives do not belong in office.

Quote from: Jerry FalwellThe idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the devil to keep Christians from running their own country.

Quote from: Randall TerryWhen I, or people like me are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, and we will execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed...If we're going to have true reformation in America, it is because men once again, if I may use a worn out expression, have a righteous testosterone flowing through their veins. They are not afraid of contempt by their contemporaries. They are not here to get along. They are here to take over.

Quote from: [b]AOL post, author unknown[/b]Christians around the country are preparing for war. Our churches are stockpiling weapons, and we are going forth with the might of the Lord. We have been preparing while the sodomites and sinners have been focusing on themselves. They have tried taking over our country, but when we strike, we will strike hard. We are the ones with the guns. We are the ones with the power and might. We are the majority! The constitution and courts have betrayed us, but we will take over and set the Bible as law for our Christian land. The Bible states that America must be a Christian nation once again for the Lord to come in Rapture. So hide now, but we know and the Lord knows your shadows. And remember - we have the backing of a Christian president who will lead us. Your liberal ways will end. The alarm is about to ring. Come to Christ now or perish!

Quote from: William J. BannettaThe religious right is fundamentalism's political arm. It seeks objectives which are depicted in fundamentalist literature as being derived from, or consanant with, biblical prescriptions and prophecies. Statements of these objectives vary considerably, but the principle goals are constant and prominent: a fundamentalist theocracy - that is, a government operated according to fundamentalist readings of the Bible; an economy of capitalism, more or less unrestrained; a foreign policy based on nationalism and chauvanism reinforced by militarism; a social organization in which women would be subordinate to men and would focus their lives on reproduction; a system of education that would discourage analytical thinking in all realms except the purely technical ones; a system of science that would serve only to support commerce and to generate sophistic demonstrations that facts of nature conform to biblical narratives; and theocratic suppression of cultural, intellectual, ethical, or sexual departures from biblical authorities.

Quotes from the American Taliban
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti