March 28, 2024, 06:43:33 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Critiques of God

Started by Unbeliever, August 16, 2007, 05:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

August 16, 2007, 05:17:01 pm Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:17:15 pm by Unbeliever
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

ocenbrz

Great!  Hopefully more will be curious.  It was The Illiad that made me question the story of Noah.  Then learning more about Middle Eastern and Asian history that finalized the case for me.  I just did the math.  Compared the time lines and  found a lot of inconsistencies stood out for me.  Even the best religious scholars can't disprove written history.

It is too bad many believe that religion is the only incentive they have to be good.  Of course, when we have more mtg groups locally for atheists. it might be nice?  I would like the think the difference will be that we can focus on local and international problems, rather than fire and brimstone.

I can just imagine, a group getting together locally to solve real problems. Sure politicians do that but they can't solve all community troubles and save the world.  It won't matter what race you are, where you came from.  Who really cares?  It was Churches that tried to divide us.  They all have the ultimate goal of winning us over to their belief anyways. They all want their piece of the pie!  I wish it was for the greater good, rather than to use us for power and control.  Churches fail to me, because they depend too much on radical causes.  There is little talk of community and people can sneak in and out without being noticed too much. Many have a reason to hide.

Imagine, if we could be reaching out to others to really help them have a better life?  I know some churches have done a great job.  They are pretty renegade and except for fooling people into believing in gods, I respect them for their efforts.  They really do feed the poor and use their space to put some people off of the streets at night. Yet I also know one doesn't have to go to any Church to make a difference.   If more Churches were like that, instead of useless shrines to whatever, maybe I would respect them more but most aren't.

It's too bad but we too need to be involved with those trying to make a change.  I want to like people without dealing with their gods and other made up people in their lives.