March 28, 2024, 02:26:48 pm

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Atheists on the Rise

Started by Unbeliever, October 07, 2007, 03:41:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

ocenbrz

This is true.  Every year gets better and better.  It is the product of those who used their children or others to make their lives more comfortable.  We still see it today.  "Go on, take the money and run", (Steve Miller Band and friends), right? 

It's been almost twenty years since that song was popular but it has just gotten worse.  What I want to know is how did they lose their souls in the process?  Obviously a trip to a nice hotel is worth pooping on the rest of the world.  You can write a check later. 

I guess all of those bitter, unappreciative kids are to blame for the world the way it is?  I don't see why we both can't be happy if we try?  Real Estate is despicable and young people live so much on the edge, it's amazing they can hold on at all.    I've noticed even low income housing doesn't house the poor hard working souls who were told they can't have contraceptives because god will torture them. 

My message to all of you who are afraid of god, your children will do it more and they are in your face!  I love my kids but we all struggled and we all have the battle scars to prove it.  We were lucky because I had a decent education.  Many I know struggled so hard, only to see their kids fall into the cracks.  No amount of love could turn them from those who just want to make a buck and keep them down. 

This two parent working society is what our elders gave to us.  I've seen families practically starve so they can afford religious schools for their kids.  Where is the point in that? 

Our Grandparents had a free College Education!  Now our Soldiers have to fight for it!  What's up with that?  College is not for everyone but everyone needs the opportunity to try and develop their skills so that we all can succeed.  People just laugh if you are an artist, why is that?  How ugly our world has become because those with real talent can't afford to use their talent?  I'm not a bitter artist but I feel most work is viable, if allowed to be developed and given some worth.

Oh well.  Today, I will rejoice because Atheism is on the rise.  It is not the loss of hope but the embracing of hope in the human race to me.