March 28, 2024, 10:39:47 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Dawkins: Religion equals child abuse

Started by Unbeliever, October 31, 2007, 03:52:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

ocenbrz

Interesting study.  I would say though that Aethiest believe in Humanity.  We do not deny it's limitation and greatness.  We feel the need to address the things that make people do bad things and we want to use science, observation and education to fight what is making this world a difficult place to be.

Had Religion actually achieved some form of greatness or really over came evil, instead of being an active player in using Wars and Hatred to convince others that they had all the answers, we too might not have stopped following their teaching.  After the reading the Bible, over and over again, it is obvious to anyone with a decent education that the flaws in Religion come from the very book they swear their lives on.

Full of fear and hatred.  Greed and War, it is no wonder Religions have authored many of what is wrong in this world. The Bible wasn't written out of love but out of fear of losing control of a dying populations.  When it's message was spread to others, they found themselves excluded from the rules of this doctrine, so they created other Religons and now we have a little invasion of those who see a huge money making scheme that has done very well over the years.  We have the answer as to why we are here.  We are here  because of the actions of our Parents.  Why is not that good enough for humans?

What is my purpose then?  Who will tell me where to go?  Who will protect me from the evil people in the world.

The answer is, we should all be looking out for each other.  We have the literiture and the knowledge to raise good and happy children but unfortunately it is not easy to obtain and really something we failed to prioritize for too many years.  So people who haven't the skills or patience to bear and raise children are doing so badly.

Only through a good education can we ever hope to find harmony in this world.  We should be singing songs of hope and unity.  Instead, we have Churches condemning each other fighting over the all might dollar.

People who want to devote their lives to making the lives of other better should not be held under any organization that will deny them the right to be human.  They should not either condemn others for simply changing their minds.  We should be good to each other because we can get along better.  We need focus more on our achievements and less on our vanity.  When we can let go of all of these Religious taboos and misinformation we can concentrate our money and our time to those organizations who are working hard to make this world a better place for us all.  We all deserve to have happy childhoods, free of abuse and slavery.

We should have all the support we need to develop and use our skills to help each other live a good and happy life.  We have to stop worrying about what we don't have and appreciate and honor the gifts that we do have.  Education should be more focused on developing skills for real living.  It shouldn't be a baby sitting service for working Parents.

With opportunity and understanding, we can help each other do will and prosper.  I will never understand those who don't want to use their money for the good of us all?  Why do they need more?  When is enough, enough?

If you are successful, then take those skills and money and pass it on to those who can learn from you and maybe even go even further.  Those improvements, building on each other's knowledge has brought us to such academic miracles already beyond my imagination.

So I say, share the wealth so we can all have fun together.  We all need more time to be together and having fun.  Life is short.  Please, those of you with money, look around your towns and Cities, put some money into improving the world around you.  No reward can ever exceed the knowledge that your life accomplished so much for so many and made this world a happier place to live.