March 28, 2024, 02:26:36 pm

News:

This site is now on a new server!

Singing with your hands

Started by Unbeliever, November 03, 2007, 02:29:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

November 03, 2007, 02:29:52 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 08:23:48 pm by Unbeliever
Ever heard of a theremin?

As close to magic as I've seen!

8-)

I especially like these fellows:
Gnarls Barkley Crazy Theremin Jam

Here's the google page, They're the perfect instrument, I think. I'd heard of them before, but never actually seen one played, but today I heard someone at a local street fair playing something, and I couldn't think of anything else it could be. Sure enough that's what it was, and I liked it so much I wanted to share it with y'all fellow music lovers. I wonder if loving music is one of those things from Leveticus that says we're unclean, or worse. I hope not, I'd hate to be taken outside the city and be stoned to death for loving music. Sure, if I were picking up sticks on the Sabbath, I could see a good stoning, I'd deserve it for such a wicked activity. But I can't help but love music, it's just so...lovable!

Art's Theramin Page

Theremin Vision
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti