Nice Forum

Started by The Professor, October 10, 2006, 03:21:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Professor

Hey Unbeliever

I like the title of your forum.

Unbeliever

Hi Steve!

I made it in just now, but I had to type <nullgod.com> into the address bar. I was previously able to access it by merely clicking on the address in one of the PMs you sent me.

I like the color, it's restful to these old eyes of mine!

Thanks for helping me deal with the spambots, they're really annoying to me over at EA; I sure wish EA would show up and take your advice about them.
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti

The Professor

Yes, the URL has changed. In order to upgrade from phpBB to SMF it was necessary to have both running at the same time. The orginal forum was at http://nullgod.com/godnotfound/ but this one is in the site root at http://nullgod.com/

As far as that other forum you mention is concerned, I've found it more of a source opf aggravation than a pleasant experience lately. I'm testing a policy of not going there any more. So far I think I like not going there better than going there.

You might want to change the name of this board (Test Category 1).

When do you want me to publish links to this site? Are you ready now?  I'll also submit it to the big 3 search engines.

Unbeliever

Not quite ready yet, I want to do a bit more housekeeping first. For example, I've got "General Science" in the "Open Discussions" board when it should be in the "Science" board, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to move it there. I'll get it eventually, though!
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."

Unbeliever

October 11, 2006, 04:37:54 pm #4 Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:57:29 pm by Unbeliever
OK, I think I've got the board more or less the way I want it - though I'll probably be tweaking it a bit here and there for weeks to come, as I learn more about forum administration. I posted the link at EA, so maybe I'll get some posters soon. Maybe I'll go ahead and link from a few other forums, as well.

FlatEarth

Hey there, UB!  Very nice.  You're right.  This is a very pleasant color.  Nice straightforward set-up.  I look forward to making a positive contribution.

signed,
The Artist Formerly Known as FlatEarth1024

You are now entering a Jeebus-free zone.  Thank you for not Jeebusing.

Unbeliever

Hi FlatEarth!

There may still be a few bugs to work out due to my extreme inexperience at administrating an internet forum, but hopefully there won't be any major problems.

Unbeliever

I like it that I can click on "POST" instead of the standard "SUBMIT". I hate even the thought of submitting to anyone or anything. I know it's a different sense of the word, but I can't help but cringe every time I post on an atheist forum, and I have to "SUBMIT" in order to be heard.

bsanva

I recently heard that there is a "no Theist" allowed policy so I joined. Thank-you. I am not saying theist can't engage in debate, but this would actually be the first all non-theist site I have been on. I think it would be nice to actually debate Atheist or at times Agnostics. I tire of the stupid Christianity debate. They lost the debate already!

Thanks for the site. Glad to join

Unbeliever

October 13, 2006, 10:22:51 am #9 Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:28:22 am by Unbeliever
Hi bsanva! Glad to have ya! I do hope to be able to keep out theists who just want to preach at us, or who try to threaten us with eternal torture in a fiery Hell. But maybe I'll not ban them as long as they only want to seriously discuss reality and not some huggy-fuzzy fairy-tale pie-in-the-sky fantasy.

It'll probably take a while before we get enough posters to make it really interesting here, but we'll do the best we can in the meantime to provide an entertaining forum for rational people.

Oh, BTW, the forum at The Professor's site, Ain't No God, is also free of Imaginary Sky Daddies, so it should be another safe haven for us ungodly types.

Hell Flower

Yo! Anybody frequenting this place?
EA is turning into a darned graveyard.  :-(
I see there's seven members here now, so maybe this place'll get exciting soon.
:evil: Seeya! ~ HF

Unbeliever

I haven't really started advertising, but I'll be doing some of that soon. The current lull at EA will be over soon, I imagine, but even EA and Dax seem to've pretty much given up on the place, so I don't know if it's got much of a future. There's always Ain't No God, and I'm going to try to make this forum a haven from the hell-fire-preachy fundies. I'd like to use this as a training camp for debating with theists, especially Christians, but I don't want to do any actual debating here, there're plenty of other boards for that.

ConservativeAtheist

Yes I like the forum colors too.

I hate ummm.......yea bright colors that I...hate. :mrgreen:

Shadow

Very nice forum. Great colors.  Nice to find a place that deals with rational thought and reason  as opposed to "faith", myths, or blind beliefs.

Has MUCH potential.  Glad to make all your aquaintance and look forward to some stimulating discussions.

Have a great day. :-)

Unbeliever

Hi Shadow! :lol:

So far this forum is nothing BUT potential! But it'll pick up before too long, I think. Most new boards have a slow start, but as the word gets around they fill up quite nicely.

I look forward to hearing from you!