March 19, 2024, 04:39:39 am

News:

This site is now on a new server!

EVERYTHING you know about Jesus' death is wrong – He wasn't even crucified

Started by Unbeliever, June 04, 2019, 10:43:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

QuoteNew book Crucifixion's a Doddle by Julian Doyle, uses ancient texts, religious artworks and the Bible itself to refute some of the most common-held beliefs about the death of Jesus.
Doyle's research questions the popular image of the immense wooden cross when there were so few trees in Judea. He points out that the Romans executed criminals by impaling them, while Jewish law preferred stoning them. And why were there no images of the cross for almost four centuries after Jesus' death?
After the attempt to crucify the Monty Python team for their film Life of Brian it became clear to Doyle, the film's editor, that something was seriously wrong with everything we think we know and he began to investigate.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/730997/Jesus-Christ-crucifixion-Bible-story-wrong-Julian-Doyle-book
"Some say God is living there [in space]. I was looking around very attentively, but I did not see anyone there. I did not detect either angels or gods....I don't believe in God. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason."
Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut, in The Seattle Daily Ti